Monday, June 15, 2009

A sneek peak.

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the first exclusive sneak peek of Sincerely Yours, Kate's new Etsy endeavor. There are only two other people in the whole wide world that currently know of this project. My husband by default knows, as we share a living space and he sees me working on the project at the kitchen table. Also, my sister Anne knows because she is getting in on the gig with the intention of helping me with some incarnations of the project later down the line.

For those of you new to the concept of Etsy, it is a website which provides the general public with a way to buy and sell handmade items, including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, and toys. The site follows in the tradition of open craft fairs, giving sellers personal storefronts where they list their goods for a small fee. Etsy makes money by charging a listing fee of 20 cents for each item and getting 3.5 percent of every sale. Since its launch in 2005, Etsy has grown to tens of thousands of sellers and five times that in buyer accounts. That is encouraging. I expect at least one in every ten thousands people who like handmade crafts will want to purchase something I make.

So, what is the complete project, you ask. Well, I am not ready to share that yet. But rest assured that a few additional sneak peaks are on the way, and if you stay tuned you will certainly be privy to the initial launch of the full Etsy shop. Until then, I hope these colorful images pique your curiosity, and perhaps your desire to purchase something handmade.




6 comments:

Sarah said...

Every little thing looks adorable ;-) !!

Miss Amelina said...

Oh my gosh, can't wait for this project to "take flight." It looks precious.

Tess said...

Yes Etsy! I can't wait!!!

Dad said...

Hey I know that song!!

Lauren said...

I gave you an award on my blog! Czech it out!

boardwalk sundaes said...

I'm hooked! Kate, you rock. I mean, you reggae!