Monday, December 6, 2010

Would you rather be a cinnamon roll or a doughnut?

Yesterday my sister Ellen asked me "Would you rather be a cinnamon roll or a doughnut?"

What a good question! I said cinnamon roll, because I LOVE a good cinnamon roll. She said doughnut, and specifically she wants to be a Starbucks Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake Doughnut. I think it would be pretty sexy to be a chocolate cake doughnut. Those are some darn good doughnuts.

When I used to work at Starbucks years ago, it was the time when the Top Pot Doughnuts were just being rolled out in the stores. I admit, I ate more doughnuts than I should have during that time. Access breeds excess, I like to think. At the end of the night, we would package up the leftover pastries for donation. However, sometimes the Top Pot Doughnuts would happen to "break" and need eaten, so we would eat only the best parts off the doughnuts... the crunchy outsides, the prime frosted bits, or maybe just the inside ring around the doughnut hole. It was delicious. They are still my favorite treat at Starbucks.

When we went to New Jersey this November, Sam and I had to wait an hour for the train. So we got some donuts from the Dunkin' Donuts and had a picnic in the fall sunshine on the train platform. Sam LOVES the blueberry cake donut. We also tried pumpkin, gingerbread, and chocolate. The gingerbread and the chocolate were my favorites.

So which would you rather be, a cinnamon roll or a doughnut. No carrot sticks allow!

No comments: